Earn Your Degree and Be Part of the Cure
Health law has become an increasingly complicated, diverse domain. From the ever-evolving tangle of regulations to the complexity of medicare and medicaid systems, the healthcare industry can never have too many sharp legal minds.
The Gitenstein Institute Advanced Research Fellowship is a paid legal research and writing fellowship with a concentration in Health Law.
The concentration program helps you build relationships with faculty, select courses, and pursue activities and work experiences in health law.
Medical-Legal Partnership (MLP)
The MLP provides much-needed legal and medical care to underserved patients across Long Island and New York City by uniting social, medical, legal, and academic resources.
Top School for Health Law “A” Rating
Health Law Careers
Hofstra Law students have worked in these selected internships and externships:
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island
- HIV Law Project
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
- Nassau County Department of Social Services
- Nemours Office of Child Health Policy and Advocacy
- New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation
- New York State Department of Health, Office of Professional Medical Conduct
- New York State Mental Hygiene Legal Service
- New York State Office of the Attorney General, Medicaid Fraud Control Unit
- New Yorkers for Patient & Family Empowerment
- Northwell Health
- Office of the Cook County (Illinois) Public Guardian
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services